Friday, August 9, 2013

Relying On Roswell Too Much



There's a new article from me at Mysterious Universe on the case you love, loathe, or are just plain bored with: Roswell.

It begins like this:

"Over the past few days I have had a couple of online debates with friends and colleagues in Ufology on the matter of the merits (or lack of) of the notorious, New Mexico-based events of July 1947. I’m talking, of course, about Roswell. One of the issues that  surfaced was: what does the Roswell affair mean to the field of Ufology and to those that dig into, observe, or ponder upon the matter? Well, I’ll tell you: for many saucer-loving souls, Roswell means absolutely everything.



"I understand why that is, even if I don’t agree with the approach. After all, the official line on what happened (or on what didn’t happen) has changed more times than my socks. First it was a flying disc, then it was a weather balloon, and now it’s a Mogul balloon."



And here's the link to the complete post...

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't agree more. Some of us would be happy just to see the focus moved forward in time to even the 1980s, for Pete's sake (and even that's 30 years ago).

    ReplyDelete